CBSE Syllabus 2021-22 for Class 12 Biology (PDF): CBSE Academic Session 2021-22
New CBSE Syllabus 2021-22 for Class 12 Biology is offered right here for obtain. Hyperlink to obtain CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22 is given on the finish of this text. Apart from CBSE class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22, right here college students may also get particulars about paper sample & hyperlinks to entry different necessary articles for upcoming CBSE board examination preparation.
Additionally Test: NCERT Books for Class 12 (PDF): All Topics – Topic-wise & Chapter-wise
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22:
Concept Paper – Time: 03 Hours, Max. Marks: 70
NCERT Options for CBSE Class 12 Biology ‒ All Chapters
Chapter-1: Copy in Organisms
Copy, a attribute function of all organisms for continuation of species; modes of copy – asexual and sexual copy; asexual copy – binary fission, sporulation, budding, gemmule formation, fragmentation; vegetative propagation in crops; occasions in sexual copy.
Chapter-2: Sexual Copy in Flowering Crops
Flower construction; improvement of female and male gametophytes; pollination – varieties, companies and examples; outbreeding units; pollen-pistil interplay; double fertilization; put up fertilization occasions – improvement of endosperm and embryo, improvement of seed and formation of fruit; particular modes- apomixis, parthenocarpy, polyembryony; Significance of seed dispersal and fruit formation.
Chapter-3: Human Copy
Female and male reproductive techniques; microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary; gametogenesis – spermatogenesis and oogenesis; menstrual cycle; fertilisation, embryo improvement upto blastocyst formation, implantation; being pregnant and placenta formation (elementary concept); parturition (elementary concept); lactation (elementary concept).
Chapter-4: Reproductive Well being
Want for reproductive well being and prevention of Sexually Transmitted Ailments (STDs); contraception – want and strategies; medical termination of being pregnant (MTP); amniocentesis; infertility and assisted reproductive applied sciences – IVF, ZIFT, GIFT, AI (temporary overview).
Unit-VII Genetics and Evolution
Chapter-5: Rules of Inheritance and Variation
Heredity and variation, Mendelian inheritance; deviations from Mendelism – incomplete dominance, co-dominance, a number of alleles and inheritance of blood teams, pleiotropy; elementary concept of polygenic inheritance; chromosome concept of inheritance; chromosomes and genes; linkage and crossing over; Intercourse dedication – in human being, birds, grasshopper and honey bee; Mutation, Pedigree evaluation, intercourse linked inheritance – haemophilia, color blindness; Mendelian issues in people –sickle cell anaemia, Phenylketonuria, thalassemia; chromosomal issues in people; Down’s syndrome, Turner’s and Klinefelter’s syndromes.
Chapter-6: Molecular Foundation of Inheritance
Construction of DNA and RNA; DNA packaging; Search for genetic materials and DNA as genetic materials; DNA replication; Central Dogma; transcription, genetic code, translation; gene expression and regulation – lac operon; Human genome venture; DNA fingerprinting.
Origin of life; organic evolution and evidences for organic evolution (paleontology, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidences); adaptive radiation; Organic evolution: Lamarck’s concept of use and disuse of organs, Darwin’s concept of evolution; mechanism of evolution – variation (mutation and recombination) and pure choice with examples, sorts of pure choice; Gene circulate and genetic drift; Hardy – Weinberg’s precept; temporary account of evolution; human evolution.
Unit-VIII Biology and Human Welfare
Chapter-8: Human Well being and Ailments
Pathogens; parasites inflicting human ailments (malaria, dengue, chikungunya, filariasis, ascariasis, typhoid, pneumonia, frequent chilly, amoebiasis, ringworm) and their management; Primary ideas of immunology – vaccines; most cancers, HIV and AIDS; Adolescence – drug and alcohol abuse.
Chapter-9: Methods for Enhancement in Meals Manufacturing
Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue tradition, single cell protein.
Chapter-10: Microbes in Human Welfare
Microbes in meals processing, industrial manufacturing, Antibiotics; manufacturing and considered use, sewage remedy, vitality era and microbes as biocontrol brokers and bio-fertilizers.
Unit-IX Biotechnology and its Purposes
Chapter-11: Biotechnology – Rules and Processes
Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Know-how).
Chapter-12: Biotechnology and its Software
Software of biotechnology in well being and agriculture: genetically modified organisms – Bt crops; RNA interference, Human insulin, gene remedy; molecular analysis; transgenic animals; biosafety points, biopiracy and patents.
Unit-X Ecology and Setting
Chapter-13: Organisms and Populations
Organisms and setting: Habitat and area of interest, abiotic components, ecological diversifications; inhabitants interactions – mutualism, competitors, predation, parasitism, commensalism; inhabitants attributes – progress, start charge and demise charge, age distribution.
Ecosystem: construction and performance; productiveness and decomposition; vitality circulate; pyramids of quantity, biomass, vitality; nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous); ecological succession; ecological providers – carbon fixation, pollination, seed dispersal, oxygen launch (briefly).
Chapter-15: Biodiversity and Conservation
Biodiversity – Idea, ranges, patterns, significance; lack of biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; hotspots, endangered organisms, extinction, Purple Information E book, Sacred Groves, biosphere reserves, nationwide parks, wildlife, sanctuaries and Ramsar websites.
Chapter-16: Environmental Points
Air air pollution and its management; water air pollution and its management; agrochemicals and their results; stable waste administration; radioactive waste administration; greenhouse impact and local weather change affect and mitigation; ozone layer depletion; deforestation; case examine exemplifying success story addressing environmental challenge(s).
CBSE Class 12 Biology Sensible: 2021-22
Time allowed: 3 Hours, Max. Marks: 30
A. Checklist of Experiments, 60 Intervals
1. Put together a short lived mount to watch pollen germination.
2. Accumulate and examine soil from not less than two completely different websites and examine them for texture, moisture content material, pH and water holding capability. Correlate with the sorts of crops present in them.
3. Accumulate water from two completely different water our bodies round you and examine them for pH, readability and presence of any dwelling organism.
4. Examine the presence of suspended particulate matter in air at two broadly completely different websites.
5. Examine the plant inhabitants density by quadrat methodology.
6. Examine the plant inhabitants frequency by quadrat methodology.
7. Put together a short lived mount of onion root tip to review mitosis.
8. Examine the impact of various temperatures and three completely different pH on the exercise of salivary amylase on starch.
9. Isolate DNA from obtainable plant materials resembling spinach, inexperienced pea seeds, papaya, and so forth.
B. Cautious statement of the next (Recognizing):
1. Flowers tailored to pollination by completely different companies (wind, bugs, birds).
2. Pollen germination on stigma via a everlasting slide or scanning electron micrograph.
3. Identification of levels of gamete improvement, i.e., T.S. of testis and T.S. of ovary via everlasting slides (from grasshopper/mice).
4. Meiosis in onion bud cell or grasshopper testis via everlasting slides.
5. T.S. of blastula via everlasting slides (Mammalian).
6. Mendelian inheritance utilizing seeds of various color/sizes of any plant.
7. Ready pedigree charts of any one of many genetic traits resembling rolling of tongue, blood teams, ear lobes, widow’s peak and colourblindness.
8. Managed pollination – emasculation, tagging and bagging.
9. Widespread illness inflicting organisms like Ascaris, Entamoeba, Plasmodium, any fungus inflicting ringworm via everlasting slides, fashions or digital photos. Remark on signs of ailments that they trigger.
10. Two crops and two animals (fashions/digital photos) present in xeric circumstances. Remark upon their morphological diversifications.
11. Two crops and two animals (fashions/digital photos) present in aquatic circumstances. Remark upon their morphological diversifications.
CBSE Class 12 Biology: Prescribed Books
1. Biology, Class-XII, Revealed by NCERT
2. Different associated books and manuals introduced out by NCERT (together with multimedia)
3. Biology Supplementary Materials (Revised). Accessible on CBSE web site.
Sensible Examination for Visually Impaired College students of Courses XI and XII Analysis Scheme
Time Allowed: Two hours, Max. Marks: 30
· The sensible examination will likely be of two-hour length. A separate checklist of experiments is included within the curriculum.
· The written examination in practicals for these college students will likely be carried out on the time of sensible examination of all different college students.
· The written take a look at will likely be of half-hour length.
· The query paper given to the scholars needs to be legibly typed. It ought to include a complete of
15 sensible ability primarily based very brief reply sort questions. A scholar could be required to reply any 10 questions.
· All questions included within the query paper needs to be associated to the listed practicals. Each query ought to require about two minutes to be answered.
· Questions might be generated collectively by the exterior/inner examiners and used for evaluation.
· A author could also be allowed to such college students as per CBSE examination guidelines.
· These college students are additionally required to take care of a sensible file. A scholar is predicted to file not less than 5 of the listed experiments as per the precise directions for every topic. These practicals needs to be duly checked and signed by the inner examiner.
· The format of writing any experiment within the sensible file ought to embody intention, equipment required, easy concept, process, associated sensible abilities, precautions and so forth.
· The viva questions might embody questions primarily based on primary concept / precept / idea, equipment / supplies / chemical compounds required, process, precautions, sources of error and so forth.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Paper Sample 2021-22:
All questions could be obligatory. Nevertheless, an inner selection of roughly 33%
could be offered.
⇒ Part ‘A’ would have 10 MCQs (together with matching sort MCQs) and 04 Assertion-
Reasoning sort questions of 1 mark every.
⇒ Part ‘B’ would have 3 source-based/case-based /passage-based/built-in evaluation questions: 2 questions of 5 marks every and 1 query of 4 marks with sub elements of the values 1/2/3 marks every.
⇒Part ‘C’ would have 6 Quick Reply (SA) sort questions carrying 2 marks every.
⇒ Part ‘D’ would have 5 Lengthy Reply-I (LA-I) sort questions carrying 3 marks every.
⇒Part ‘E’ would have 3 Lengthy Reply-II (LA-II) sort questions carrying 5 marks every.
⇒Inside Alternative could be offered in 3 questions of Part ‘C’, in 2 questions of Part ‘D’
and in all three questions of Part ‘E’.
Suggestive verbs for varied competencies
· Display Data and Understanding
State, title, checklist, determine, outline, counsel, describe, define, summarize, and so forth.
· Software of Data/ConceptsCalculate
illustrate, present, adapt, clarify, distinguish, and so forth.
· Formulate, Analyze, Consider and Create
Interpret, analyse, examine, distinction, look at, consider, focus on, assemble, and so forth.
Obtain CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021-22 PDF
#CBSE #Syllabus #Class #Biology #PDF #CBSE #Academic #Session