PlayStation titles are a luxury for the fans of console gaming. However, the good news is that these games now are not limited just to actual consoles.
You can emulate them easily on your PC or Android device for an immersive gaming experience.
When looking forward to mimic PSP titles on your Android utility, the PPSSPP app can be your ultimate rescue.
All you need to care about is your Android device belonging to a recent series for an affordable speed.
The following guide will help you on playing PPSSPP titles using Android devices.
One of the best PSP game emulators, the PPSSPP app is available for free on Google Play Store. Search the application and download its free version to your Android device.
If the app works fine, you can purchase the PPSSPP Gold version for developer support.
Click on the ‘Install’ button to initiate the download and installation process. This is enough to play your PSP titles with the PPSSPP emulator. You won’t need any BIOS files, unlike other emulators.
Installing the Game Files
Dumping the Game Files
Installation of custom firmware on PSP will grant you the liberty for creating ISO files of all the downloaded titles and UMD that you possess.
The procedure for the same is quite complex, but you can adhere to the following instructions:
- Make sure that your PSP version is updated to 6.60. If not, you will need an update as the first step.
- When finished, download PRO-C Fix3, the PSP exclusive, and a custom firmware installer on your PC.
- Proceed with copying the firmware folders that you have downloaded to the GAME folder of your PSP Memory Stick.
- Launch the ‘Game’ menu in your PSP, followed by running the ‘Pro Update’for installing the game’s custom firmware.
- The installed custom firmware can be made permanent by running the ‘CIPL_Flasher’. This step will sort out the inconvenience of reloading the same wherever the PSP is restarted.
Converting UMD Disc Into ISO Files
UMD discs can be converted into ISO files. These files can then be copied to and run on the Android utility and PPSSPP app respectively.
- Start with clicking on the ‘Select’ button on the main menu of PSP. The PRO VScustom firmware menu will open up.
- Navigate to the ‘USB Device’ option for changing the same into ‘UMD Disc’. The disc will now appear on your PC, ahead of the Memory Stick on establishing the PSP-to-PC connection. Connect your PSP and PC through a USB cable.
- Open the ‘PSP Main Menu’ and tap ‘Settings’. From the list of options that pops up, choose ‘Initialize USB Connection’. Your PSP and PC will get connected, and the required folder opens up automatically. In an otherwise case, click on My Computer/This PC, followed by choosing the drive having an alphanumeric name.
- You can now select and move the ISO file to the PC. The file copying process will take a span of some minutes.
Download the Game Files From Web Sources
The custom firmware installation on PSP will cause your own titles to be dumped. If you are not willing to do so, consider downloading the CSO or ISO game files from online websites. Just log on to your preferred site and search for the required PSP game.
You should however, remember that the aforesaid process is illegal and risky since you don’t own the game. It is recommended to download the game files on your PC, followed by transferring them to the Android device.
Enjoying Your PSP Games
The ISO files have to be transferred to your Android device so that they can be loaded into the PPSSPP application. You can do this as follows:
- Establish a connection between the Android utility and your PC.
- Navigate to the Computer window and open the Android device folder.
- Make a folder and name it ‘PSP’. Within that, create the ‘GAME’ subfolder. This is identical to the PSP folder structure.
- The ISO files can now be copied to the ‘GAME’ folder on the Android device. The process will require a few minutes.
- When the copying process gets completed, disconnect your Android device from the PC.
- Launch the PPSSPP application on your Android device to be welcomed by the former’s main interface.
- Here, you can see all the copied game files by clicking on PSP, followed by ‘GAME’. The window changes with a list of the added game files.
- You can start playing the game by clicking on its file name. The title generally takes some time to load as per the file size. Your Android device should be advanced enough for the game to start.
- The ‘On-Screen’ buttons can be used to navigate through the game. In case you have trouble loading the game, there can be two reasons. Either the PPSSPP app does not support it, or the Android utility does not have enough compatibility to run the game.
Almost every other console gamer around you is a fan of PSP games. The actual consoles undoubtedly render an everlasting gaming experience.
However, you can also enjoy them with equal entertainment on Android devices. The PPSSPP app is here at your rescue from the concern.
All you need to do is, get the app and download or dump the ISO files of the game.
All said and done, load the game files in your Android device for landing into unlimited fun and entertainment!